CDOT Joins Aldermen Hopkins at Groundbreaking for Webster Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project
The Webster Avenue Bridge project is one of several bridge repair projects that CDOT is undertaking this year. The $25 million project is funded through Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot’s Chicago Works infrastructure and jobs plan, which provides funding to replace or fully rehabilitate 43 bridges over the next five years.
The project will include:
- Partially filling the bridge deck with concrete to improve the riding surface for people on bikes
- Improvements to signal timing
- Lighting improvements
- Rehabilitation of historic elements, including the bridge house structures
- Improvements to crosswalks, curb ramps and sidewalks
- Improved pavement markings for shared traffic and bicycle lanes
Read more on City of Chicago
Chicago Build is the leading construction show for Chicago and the Midwest region. Gain access to 9 specialized summits, 200+ exhibitors, 200+ speakers and connect with 15,000+ registered visitors.